The European Journal of Legal Studies (EJLS), founded in 2007 and based at the European University Institute (Florence), is a researcher-led, open access journal. The EJLS aims to promote young legal scholarship of the highest quality in all areas of law with a European, international, theoretical, or comparative perspective. The Journal is:
- an open-access publication – This provides readers with full free access to all EJLS publications and authors with the widest possible audience in publishing their work. The EJLS issues are also published in CADMUS, the repository of EUI publications, and HeinOnline.
- a peer-reviewed publication – Submissions go through a rigorous procedure of double-blind peer-review, involving the EUI’s entire scientific community (professors, fellows, researchers, as well as alumni). Our external editors now also include a group of selected researchers from other universities specialised in Empirical Studies.
- a platform supporting and promoting high-quality and innovative young legal scholarship – the EJLS encourages in particular submissions by young researchers at the start of their academic careers and emerging scholars.
- a researcher-led journal – Managerial and editorial work is carried out independently by graduate researchers at the EUI, with the invaluable assistance of its Departmental Advisory Board, comprising a number of renowned professors at the Department of Law.
- a multilingual journal – The EJLS is committed to linguistic diversity by publishing articles in any language within the linguistic competence of Board Members to help ensure a wide dissemination of scholarly work. If you have any questions about this in particular, please contact [email protected] for further information.
The Editorial Board
Rebecca Mignot-Mahdavi ([email protected])
Janneke van Casteren
Heads of Section
Irene Otero Fernández (European Law)
Théo Fournier (Comparative Law)
Yussef Al Tamimi (Legal Theory)
Sergii Masol (International Law)
Marcin Barański, Birte Böök, Filipe Brito Bastos, Kayahan Cantekin, Elias Deutscher, Leticia Díez Sánchez, Kasper Drazewski, Fabrizio Esposito, Théo Fournier, Oliver Garner, Tarik Gherbaoui, Maria Haag, Galyna Kostiukevych, Rūta Liepiņa, Stavros Makris, Afroditi Marketou, Thibault Martinelli, Sergii Masol, Margherita Melillo, Rebecca Mignot-Mahdavi, Irene Otero Fernández, Chloé Papazian, Luigi Pedreschi, Promitheas Peridis, Christy Petit, Ricardo Rodrigues de Oliveira, Alexandre Ruiz Feases, Viorica Vita, Raphaële Xenidis
Yussef Al Tamimi, Maria Ana Barata, Olga Ceran, Dima Hussain, Timothy Jacob-Owens, Arpitha Kodiveri, Lene Korseberg, Gonzalo Larrea, Matilda Merenmies, George Papaconstantinou, Marie-Catherine Petersmann, Nastazja Potocka-Sionek, Zeynep Şimşek, Mike Videler, Nico Weber, Mikaella Yiatrou
Senior External Editors
Lucila Almeida, Ieva Bloma, Federica Coppola, Stephen Coutts, François Delerue, Giuliana Giuliani, Carl Lewis, Emma Nyhan, Argyri Panezi, Stavros Pantazopoulos, Theodosia Stavroulaki, Marita Szreder, Mikhel Timmerman, Zeynep Timocin Cantekin, Vegard Torstad, Martijn van den Brink, Jan Zglinski
Junior External Editors
Edwin Alblas, Jacinta Asarfi, Annemarie Balvert, Chiara Destri, Maria José Recalde Vela, Gerrit Krol, Madalena Narciso, Ileana Nicolau
Departmental Advisory Board:
All members (senior and junior editors) of the editorial board and the departmental advisory board are affiliated with the Department of Law of the European University Institute (EUI), Florence.